Service is a way of life at Valparaiso University. Students, faculty and staff are committed to working for the betterment of others, and devote tens of thousands of hours every year to that work. Learning through service is a fundamental aspect of what it means to be a member of the Valpo community.
Giving back to the community has always been a strong theme for Valparaiso University student-athletes. On countless occasions, the Crusaders have taken the time and energy to give back to others. Here are just a few examples:
Highlights from the past season include:
- Supporting breast cancer awareness with a week dedicated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure in October.
- Participating in Martin Luther King, Jr. Day activities in January.
- Empowering students at the Boys and Girls Club of Porter County.
- Aiding in various activities at Hilltop House in Valparaiso
- Reaching out to local senior citizens in the community